I’m taking a snow-day today to launch this new blog, though, given that I work from home, I guess, technically, this counts as shirking. I’ll begin by launching the intellectual and esoteric level of this blog into the stratosphere by sharing with you the shortlist, recently announced by the UK Diagram Prize, for the Oddest Book Title of the year. And the nominees are:
- Cheese Problems Solved (Jeez, at long last…)
- How to Write a How to Write Book (gonna get me one of those…)
- If You Want Closure in Your Relationship, Start with your Legs (sound, if crude, advice)
- People Who Mattered in South End and Beyond:From King Canute to Dr. Feelgood (You really have to know Southend for this to work…)
- I Was Tortured by the Pygmy Love-Queen (Oh, stop showing off..)
- (and my favorite…) Are Women Human? And Other International Dialogues.
Any odds on a winner?