Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/mccallumsmith.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/microkids-related-posts/microkids-related-posts.php on line 645
“Criticism is prejudice made plausible.” —H.L. Mencken
- “A Woman Rising,” a review of Song of a Captive Bird by Jasmin Darznik at Consequence Magazine.
- “The Guy in the Kitchen,” an interview with Andrew O’Hagan, author of The Secret Life: Three True Stories of the Digital Age at the Los Angeles Review of Books.
- “Coorie Doon,”a review of Browsings: A Year of Reading, Collecting, and Living with Books by Michael Dirda at the Los Angeles Review of Books.
- “The Un-Accidental,” a review of How to Be Both by Ali Smith at the Los Angeles Review of Books.
- “Stream of Pre-Consciousness,” an interview with Eimear McBride at the Los Angeles Review of Books.
- “On Risk and Personal Belief,” a review of On Immunity by Eula Biss at the Los Angeles Review of Books.
- “Geoff at Sea,” a review of Another Great Day at Sea: Life on Board the USS George H.W. Bush by Geoff Dyer, at the Los Angeles Review of Books
- “Tell Me About Your Mother,” a review of The Closet of Savage Mementoes by Nuala Ni Chonchuir, at the Dublin Review of Books
- Frog Music by Emma Donoghue, “Snap, Crackle and Pop,” at the Dublin Review of Books
- The Woman Who Lost Her Soul by Bob Shacochis, “Other People’s Problems,” at Consequence Magazine
- What Happens Next? Matters of Life and Death by Douglas Bauer, “The Stewards of Ultimate Things,” at the Los Angeles Review of Books
- Almost English by Charlotte Mendelson, at the Dublin Review of Books
- The Woman Upstairs by Claire Messud, “Staring Down the Barrel,” at the Dublin Review of Books
- Bringing Up Bebe by Pamela Druckerman, at Druckerman
- Crime by Irvine Welsh, in the Scottish Review of Books
- The First Person and Other Stories by Ali Smith, in the Scottish Review of Books
- Being Emily by Anne Donovan, in the Scottish Review of Books
Between March 2005 and January 2010, individual book reviews and a regular book column, including author interviews with Laura Lippman and Anne Tyler, appeared in Urbanite magazine. Issues of Urbanite can be accessed and read online here. Reviews also appear at Swithering.